Having the best PUBG settings can make you the most competitive player in the PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds. Moreover, it allows you to run the game as easily and smoothly as ever. To get the perfect balance of good performance and visibility all you need to have is the best setting for PUBG.
The ideal settings are the ones with great graphics, to have exceptional graphics make sure you put the settings on high. As there are numerous engine updates and several new maps added to the game, it’s high time you update the game.
After analyzing some of the top PUBG players, we have come up with the best PUBG settings for all of you. This guide will help you have smoother and better gameplay settings. Let’s take a look:
If you are using a laptop or a computer makes sure that it is set on the ‘High maintenance’ mode. Do not leave it on the default ‘balanced’ mode. This setting will allow your computer to use the processor’s core at the maximum. Otherwise, the laptop/computer will turn off your processor’s core to save energy.
All the NVIDIA graphic card users should follow these steps for boosting the performance thus resulting in best PUBG settings.
- After opening the NVIDIA Control Panel open Manage 3D Settings
- Select Program Settings and search on the dropdown menu for TlsGame. By any chance, if you are unable to find it, click Add and search for it.
- Select and set 1 under Maximum pre-rendered frames.
- Select and set G-SYNC under Monitor Technology
- To boost the performance level set Power Management Mode
- Choose Single display performance mode
- Vertical Sync should be disabled
- Threaded Optimization should be enabled
- Change Preferred Refresh to the highest rate
Ideal Refresh Rate for PUBG
According to our research 19%, PUBG players use 240 Hz monitor whereas 69% use 144 Hz monitor. In short majority of the professional players use a monitor that has the ability to push sixty frames per second or even more than that.
The maximum refresh rate of PUBG is 144 FPS. To have PUBG best settings we recommend you to go with 144 Hz refresh rate. However, if you are unable to get 144 Hz that will negatively affect your game experience. It will make the game less smooth as the screen tearing would be increased.
If you want you can go for a monitor that has the refresh rate higher than 144 Hz. But to be honest it’s kind of useless, as for PUBG the maximum frames per second are 144, something higher than that is not necessary.
All in all, the benefit of having a monitor with a higher refresh rate is that it makes the game smoother, with more fluid and enhances the overall performance. If you have enough budget then you must go for a high refresh rate monitor. There are several high refresh rate monitors available on the market at reasonable prices.
- View Distance should be set to Low
- You can now turn everything else to Very Low
- Texture can be set to anything you like but the ideal setting is Medium
- Screen Scale should be set to 100
- Motion Blur needs to be disabled
- V-SYNC should also be disabled
Override High DPI Scaling Behavior
- Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64
- Select TslGame.exe, right click on it and choose Properties
- Go to the Compatibility option
- Look for Override high DPI scaling behavior box in the setting section
- Select Application in the drop-down menu
- Press OK
Temporary files should be cleaned
To have the best PUBG settings you should clean the temporary files. Follow the steps to do so.
- Click on start
- Look for %localappdata% and click on enter
- In order to select the files present in the folder press CTRL+A
- Temporary files will be deleted as soon as you press the delete button present on your keyboard. You can skip the files those are not getting deleted.
- Now recycle bin should be emptied
If you want to drastically change and improve the looks of your game then it’s best to set the texture quality to as high as possible. Changing the texture quality to higher settings won’t affect your performance. You can have a balance between your performance and visuals then it’s recommended to set FPS to medium or above. However, everything else should be set to very low.
After analyzing the top performers of PUBG we realized that they set the settings between Medium and Ultra. To have the best settings for PUBG you should Ultra. This will make your game look better thus allowing you to spot other players better.
As far as the performance is concerned the view distance doesn’t have much impact. But if you want to become one of the best PUBG’s player then you must prefer setting it as well. View distance is important when it comes to governing how close certain game objects need to be before they come closer. If the view distance is lower then you need to be close to the objects. For example, you need to be closer to the landscape before it pops up in the game.
Keeping the view distance lower helps the player to locate other players that otherwise would have been difficult to do.
Google Chrome Optimization
PUBG best settings can be achieved by optimizing the Google Chrome. Google Chrome has the hardware acceleration; you must turn it off so that Chrome’s background applications do not utilize much of the resources while you are playing.
- Go to Google Chrome
- Look for the Setting page
- Scroll down and look for the advanced tab, click on it
- Scroll down again, now turn off the option that says ‘Use hardware acceleration when available’
- Now Google Chrome needs to be re-launched and the close it