Is it possible to use an Xbox 360 controller on Xbox one? Let’s get into some facts and details. If you own an Xbox One and have Windows 10, believe me, you are one lucky gamer. There are several famous features of Windows 10 which when combined with Xbox one allows you to stream console gaming.
So the questions remain does Xbox 360 controller on Xbox one works? So the answer is yes it does. But first, let’s look at some other important facts. Windows 10 and Xbox One works quite well with each other, you will have a good experience. Moreover, it will allow you to stream a number of games such as Star Wars Battleground, Madden NFL 16 and a lot more.
You don’t have to worry about the streaming as it is great even on Wifi. You must have a wired Xbox One controller in order to control the Xbox One. The good news is due to Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 you have the ability to wirelessly use those controllers.
There is a single wireless controller present in the Xbox One package, as the box comes with one wireless controller that means you have to grab a micro USB every time you want to stream gaming on Windows 10. If you don’t want to move a lot just for the sake of a controller then you can purchase another controller for gaming.
In addition to that, you must know that you can now use Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One. All you need to have is Windows 10 PC and you are good to go. You can also plug a wired Xbox 360 compatible controller and it will work absolutely well. You must also know that wireless Xbox 360 controllers are not compatible with Xbox wireless adapter for Windows 10. But you can use your Xbox One controller with the wireless adapter. The good thing about it is that you don’t have to use a cable while you are streaming from Xbox One. So now you can easily use your Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One.
At this point, you all must be wondering how you would use your Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One. So let me guide you step by step. If you have a Windows computer then it’s quite easy for you to use your Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One.
- The first step should be to connect the Xbox 360 controller to the PC. For that matter of fact, you should have a wired Xbox 360 controller, and make sure it has the ability to connect to either a wireless controller or a USB port obviously with the help of a wireless adapter. Apart from that, your PC should be running Window 10.
- Ensure that both the devices are connected in a similar manner to your home network. Take care of these little things otherwise; it won’t work if one device is connected to Wifi while the other is connected to some other connection.
- Now the Xbox One needs to be powered on. If your Xbox One is note powered on then you won’t be able to control Xbox One with your Xbox 360 controller.
- Now open the Xbox app on your PC. There will be an Xbox logo present on the Xbox app. You can also search it in the ‘Play and explore’ available at the start menu. One important thing to keep in mind is that you should always log in the Xbox app with the same account you used for your Xbox One.
- The next step is to click on the ‘connection’. The connection button has a resemblance with the Xbox One console located at the left sidebar in the Xbox app. This will automatically detect your Xbox One.
- Lastly, you have to click on the stream button. You will find this option at the top of your screen. Finally, your Xbox One will start streaming with your PC. You can now easily use your Xbox 360 controller on Xbox One.