Rummy is a great game that can be played by all and sundry because it is engaging and familiar to us Indians. We have grown up watching this game and how its online version has evolved is also commendable.
There are various applications where you can play this fantastic game and even challenge opponents.
It is easy to download the game and start playing without any hassle. You now have the option to make yourself happy if you are tired and bored of the Netflix series or when your friends cancel the plan! And given the COVID-19 situation, it is better to stay indoors and enjoy online rummy.
Socialize on virtual platforms. Playing rummy has various benefits. It is an excellent way to boost your brain muscles. You can also sharpen your memory because it continuously flexes your brain muscles. There are various kinds of online applications and websites where you can develop your rummy skills.
You will be able to make quick calculations if you dedicate an hour or two to this game every day. It is said that rummy helps in better financial management and decision-making. If you are highly stressed, a round or two of rummy can help you relax and unwind from the same.
It is better than conventional distressing techniques, and it is tried and tested by thousands of rummy players across the globe. It improves concentration level and confidence. The best part is that you socialize with your close ones on these online rummy platforms. Gone are the days when you have to play with the computer.
In this blog, we will talk about some of the invaluable lessons to learn while playing this game. It might come as a shock to you, but this game is famous for more than just being entertaining and thrilling.
1. Learning the art of staying organized: One of the first reasons you should play rummy is that you get to learn organizational skills. Experts say that you cannot achieve success in life without organizational skills. You can put your life together only if you’re organized. Even if you have a lot of talent, you need to calculate this virtue through discipline. Since rummy involves the organization of valid sequences and sets, pro players believe that it teaches discipline, leading to categorization and prioritization.
2. Adaptability: Indeed, the world around you is constantly evolving. You will cease to survive if you do not catch up to the same. The more adaptive you are, the more successful you will be in life. Your chances of winning can be boosted if you can change your game plan within seconds.
You should be able to counter the moves of your opponent instantly. This is yet another invaluable lesson that rummy teaches its players.
3. Patience: As mentioned earlier, the game teaches patience. Patience is critical, especially when life gets complicated. You can change many things in your life if you have this unique quality. If you observe how your opponent is strategizing the game, you will be able to turn the tide in your favour. Things always don’t happen the way you want them to, which is why patience and resilience are extremely important.
4. Observation skill: Since you have to keep an eye on the strategies and moves of the opponent, you have to sharpen your observation skills. You always need to check which cards the opponents discard and pick up.
This lesson is highly required in everyday life as well. You have to stay alert from the very beginning to win the game both on online platforms and in life.
5. Learning when to let go: This is yet another invaluable lesson that is extremely important in life. Just because you are attached to something doesn’t mean you should always hold onto it. If you have hit a crossroad in online rummy, you should stop it. Loose with a few points instead of going broke.
Let go of the idea of victory and rejoice in failure as well. You should know the right time when to let go of things, and rummy can teach you just that.
6. Thought before action: Another invaluable lesson that rummy teaches is that you have to think before taking any action. Planning your next move is essential in the game. Think of all the possible outcomes by strategizing a particular move. The time when you decide which cards to hold on to and which ones to discard is so essential. Evaluating situations before taking a particular decision is critical in life as well.
7. Prioritization: Achievers always prioritize things in their life. And there is no reason why you shouldn’t. You might regret it later if you forget to do the same. Expert rummy players know when to discard cards that add no value and don’t help them win the game. Keeping only the good cards is an act of prioritization. So these are some of the invaluable lessons that rummy teaches us.
8. Focus: Another essential thing that rummy teaches is that focus is everything. You cannot win if you do not have a cluttered mind. A clear mind is very important for decision-making. Once you start playing online games such as rummy, you will see that your concentration level is also improving. Everything else will be smooth if you put your 100% concentration into the game. To know more, kindly read our blogs on other fantasy sports. And know more about online gaming from this Forbes blog.